Licensed Individual, Marriage & Couples Therapist in NYC, New York City.
WHY NYC THERAPIST, IRINA FIRSTEIN
I have been a NYC therapist helping individuals and couples for over 25 years. It is my belief that relationships are crucially important and without close and secure connections with others, we as human beings can not thrive in everyday life. Disruption of such connection is the reason we feel emotional pain and suffering.
My name is Irina Firstein, Licensed New York City Individual and Couples Therapist. I want to help you and your partner heal, grow and change your life and your relationship. Most issues that people bring to me are, inevitably, an exploration and healing of relationship trauma or disruption of connection with a significant person or people in his or her life. The goal of my work is to enhance and expand my patients’ ability to experience a deeper connection with themselves and others. That connection is the key to physical and mental health and feeling alive.
If you are experiencing tension or trouble in your relationship or relationships, you may be feeling rejection, abandonment, lack of empathy, disappointment, hopelessness and helplessness, shame, and many other feelings. These are common human experiences that traumatize all of us and become symptoms that are manifested by depression, anxiety, addictions, health problems and all other symptoms and illnesses. If you feel that you need advice, work with a compassionate therapist--someone who will really listen to you and provide you with the marriage and couples counseling that the relationship you care about most needs. Work with me. I have helped thousands of individuals and couples overcome issues affecting them emotionally and spiritually.
Couples and Marriage Therapy and Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Same Sex Couples
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Adjusting to Parenthood
- Relationship Counseling
- Coping with Infidelity
Individual Therapy and Counseling
- Relationship Problems
- Self Esteem Issues
- Single Life/Dating Issues
- EMDR/Trauma Reprocessing
- Alcohol & Substance Abuse
Let's get to know each other. You probably found my website by searching Marriage Counseling NYC or some other issue you need help with. Now that you found me, you can email me or call my New York City Office at 212 953-1388. Take the first step and I will help you.
BENEFITS OF COUPLES THERAPY:
- Forge tighter, closer relationships by creating trust and safety
- Learn to talk about common points of conflict i.e. money, sex, intimacy, infidelity, children, family, etc. without escalating into fights
- Build a closer, deeper connection through willingness to be vulnerable
- Improve general communication by better listening with more empathy and care about the other
- Learn to discuss problems without falling into a negative cycle
- Learn to communicate from a more emotionally vulnerable place
- Address unresolved resentments in a way that leads to
greater connection and understanding
BENEFITS OF INDIVIDUAL THERAPY:
- Learn to understand yourself and your tendencies which impact your daily functioning and relationships with significant others
- Learn to have a deeper connection to yourself and others
- Identify root causes of depression, anxiety and stress and ways to cope and manage better
- Understand and learn about other interventions that can help you deal with your symptoms
- Address and understand root causes of all your pain and difficulties
- Learn to reduce stress and conflict in interpersonal relationships and your work life
- Heal from individual or family related traumas and struggles
- Improve the quality of your life and your mental and emotional well-being
- Improve your level of confidence and self esteem in all you do
- Move towards a healthier, more productive and less painful life
NYC Therapist, Irina Firstein has discussed several topics such as pre-marital counseling and her philosophy on therapy in the Daily News, About.com, CNN, Forbes, and more.
Over 20 Years Experience
Named Among The 9 Best Therapists of 2015.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THERAPY SESSIONS?
If you are a new patient, you may have a sense of trepidation about seeing a therapist. Rest assured there is nothing to fear. The stigma of seeing a professional therapist is a thing of the past. Why close the door to an opportunity of repairing and saving your relationship and live a fuller life?
My clients consider me a straight-forward and active therapist, and this is what you can expect in our sessions. As a result, most of my referrals come from past and existing patients. I have spent my professional career learning and searching for the root causes of human suffering and the issues that divide couples and strain relationships. I utilize the most efficient, effective and innovative ways to help my clients. To this end I use “old school” proven therapeutic modalities as well as the latest research and cutting edge techniques, such as EMDR and EFT.
Also, in my job as a NYC couples counseling therapist I help individuals and couples in their desire to close the gap between where they are right now and where they want to be. Sessions are available in person, by phone or by Skype. As a Couples Therapist and an Individual Therapist, I will give you all the information, tools and assistance you need to get relief from pain and to find connection.
For an Appointment With TOP NYC Therapist Irina Firstein
Call (212) 953-1388
"Bored With Your Relationship? Here's Why That Isn't Necessarily a Bad Thing"
Rachel Nussbaum - greatist.com
"Signs You and Your Fiance Are Ready to Get Married"
Tyler Atwood - brides.com
"6 Tips For Communicating During a Multicultural Wedding : Brides"
Stephanie Cain - brides.com
"16 Real Ways to Stay Crazy in Love After You Have Kids"
Nicole Blades - Buzzfeed.com
"18 Tips You Need Before Moving In With Your Significant Other"
Alison Caporimo - Buzzfeed.com
"17 Expert Tips To Help Couples Actually Solve Relationship Issues"
Alison Caporimo - Buzzfeed.com
"Make This Winter Your Relationship's Best Ever"
"Let Me Tell You About My Ex" and 9 Other Dating Mistakes Guys Make
by Dana Baardsen
In Praise of On-Off Relationship by Kiri Blakely
What Does Weiner's Wife Do Now?
by Kiri Blakely
Your Action Plan for Dealing with Change
by Chris Iliades, MD
Irina Firstein Psychotherapy on Initiative Radio with Angela McKenzie
by Irinia Firstein LCSW
Marie Osmond Marries Her First Husband Again
by Kiri Blakely